Guide to Online Associate Degree Programs
Associate degree holders, in general, have a better job outlook than those with only a high school diploma according to US Census Bureau statistics. An associate degree can be earned in as few as two years, and attending school online can be more convenient than at a traditional campus. Listed below are some great online schools that offer associate degrees in the US.
|Fortis College Online offers associate's degrees in a variety of fields. In particular, their Medical Billing and Coding program will help students become part of the growing healthcare industry.
|Saint Leo University Online is a leading provider of accredited online education to working adults and is a major global provider of education to the military. The online programs are designed to meet the growing needs of adult students and offer the best attributes of traditional classroom education in conjunction with today's most innovative computer technology.
|One of the nation's leading Christian universities, Liberty offers a broad range of accredited associate degrees online. Their incorporation of moral and ethical considerations into study make them a popular choice for students seeking a well-rounded education built on academic integrity. Established in 1985, Liberty University has one of the longest-standing online education programs in the country.
Read full school profile »
Search Associates Degrees
Guide to Online Associate Degrees
Are you finally ready to get your Associate Degree online? If that answer is "yes", then congratulations! Getting an online associates degree is a great way to get going on a better life, a better career, and a better paycheck. The goal of Associate Degree Online is to provide you with more information on the different types of associate degrees that are offered, as well the benefits of each. The more you educate yourself on the advantages and disadvantages of getting your degree online vs. the traditional brick and mortar school, the better off you'll be when you finally make your decision.
Schools Offering Associate Degrees Online
The following accredited colleges and universities offer associate's degrees online. Click on the school to read our review and request additional information.
Advantages to Getting an Associate Degree Online
- Comfort - Getting your associate degree online means you can learn and study from the comfort of your own home.
- Affordable - You save a lot money when you don't have to travel to and from campus. And with gas prices the way they are, this adds up to a significant amount!
- Flexible - When you're a part of a distance-learning program you can attend class when it's convenient for you, day or night.
- Effective - You're able to communicate more easily with your instructors through email, voice and video chat. Many students find that learning online is more focused and effective because there are no distractions.
- Simple - You can still transfer your credits to other schools, as long as you're enrolled at an accredited institution.
Associate Degree Careers
So, wondering what types of jobs you can get with an associate degree? Well, you'll be happy to hear that you've got a lot of options when it comes down to it.
Getting your associate degree will prepare you for many different careers, many of which you can jump into right after graduation. CNN published a list of the 10 top paying jobs with an associate degree and, after reading the list, it's easy to see why the small investment in your education is worth it.
Here are a few careers that specifically look for associate degree graduates:
- Registered Nurse - Registered Nurses can expect a booming job market and a great salary.
- Dental Hygienist - If you like teeth, then you'll be happy to know that you can earn a very comfortable wage with an associate degree in dental hygiene.
- Computer Specialist - All you need is an associate degree for most entry-level positions.
If you'd like more information please check out our top earning jobs list!
You'll also be happy to know that, according to CNN, only 3.9% of associate degree holders are unemployed nationwide. If you just have a high school diploma, however, the unemployment rate climbs to 4.6%. This means that you're more likely to find and keep a job if you have an associate degree.
Our site lists each degree by subject. Each page will list these different career paths so you can see all the different possibilities for each type of degree. If you have a specific online school in mind for your associate degree you can directly navigate to that school to see all the degree types they offer.
There may be some questions you have about a particular online school or online degree once you have taken a look at this website. You can easily request more information for free from the online schools you are interested in by filling out a short form and you will be contacted by someone from that school to answer any additional questions you have about the associate degree you are interested in.
All the online colleges offering an Associate Degree Online on this website are accredited and list what type of accreditation they hold.